Around 15 years of research experience in Microbiology and Biotechnology. Nine years experience in Plant Quarantine related Plant Pathology and Conducting and assisting the inspection of imported/Exported plants/plant materials for pest and diseases.
M.Sc (Agrl.Microbiology), Ph.D.,
Dr.D.R. SudhaM.Sc (Agrl.Microbiology), Ph.D., Consultant, Export &Import
- Detection and diagnosis of Plant disease.
- Handling of Transmission Electron Microscope.
- Isolation and characterization of Micro organisms from plant and plant products.
- Biofertilizer production
- Insect Bioassay techniques.
- Plant tissue culture techniques.
- Molecular techniques.
- Now working as Assistant Manager at Sai Pest Control,Dindigul from October to till date.
- Working as Research Associate at Plant Pathology Lab,Regional Plant Quarantine station (RPQS),Meenambakkam,Chennai from June 2009 to September 2018.
- Worked as BiotechnologyLecturer at Roever Agricultural College, Perambalur.Tamil Nadu from April 2009 to June 2009.
- Worked as Senior Research Fellow at the Department of Microbiology,Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,Coimbatore from Feb 2009 to April 2009.
- Worked as Junior Research Fellow at School of Biotechnology, SRM University,Chennai from March 2007 to Aug 2007
- Worked as a Senior Research Fellow at the Department of Plant Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, CPMB,Tamil Nadu Agricultural University,Coimbatore from Sep 2003 to Jan 2007.
- Ph.D(Agricultural Microbiology)in the year 2012- 2016 at Anna malai University,Chidambaram.
- M.Phil (Biotechnology)from Bharathidasan university, Trichirapalli, Tamil Nadu during 2007-2008 with Distinction.
- M.Sc (Agrl.Microbiology) fromTamil Nadu Agricultural University,Coimbatore.Tamil Nadu during 2000-2003 with OGPA of 9.52/10.00.
- B.Sc (Agriculture) from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore(Agricultural College and Research Institute, Killikulam) Tamil Nadu during 1996-2000 with OGPA of 8.70/10.00.
- Selected as DCandidate for National Chung Hsing University, Taiwanin the year 2007-2008.
- My Project shortlisted for Commonwealth Fellowship.
- Selman, A.Waksman’s Prizefor the Best student in Agrl.Microbiology in the year 2003
- Fellowship granted from Lignite Corporation of Indiafor my M.Sc programme.
- Published more than 10 articles, one sequence submitted and one patent.
- Diploma in Office Automation including MS office and Tally.
- Day to day usage of Bioinformatics tools and internet facilities.
- Screening, detection, diagnosis and control of cymbidium mosaic virus on orchid plants.
- Studies on the Biodegradation of cellulose from biodegradable wastes.
M.Sc (Agri) Thesis
- Effect of Lignite Humic Acid on microbial inoculants, rhizosphere population and plant growth.
Title :Expansion of Plant Quarantine facilities in India.
Organiztion :Regional Plant Quarantine station, Meenambakkam,Chennai,
Ministry of Agriculture,Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine &StorageFaridabad.
Employer :Deputy Director, Regional Plant Quarantine station, Meenambakkam,Chennai
Duration :June 2009 to Till date
Role :Research Associate
Publications :Manual – 1, Book let- 2, Pest alert – 25,International Papers- 2.
- Conducting the inspection of imported/Exported plants/plant materials to enforce the PEQ order 2003.issued thereunder, with the view to preclude the entry of exotic pests, diseases, nematodes, weeds, virus, bacteria, mites etc.
- Undertaking the treatment of imported/exportable plants/plant materials pertaining to disinfection/ disinfestations.
- Cloning of Cry genes from new isolates of Bt strains and transformation of rice with Bt genes.
- Development of shoot and fruit borer resistant Bt transgenic Brinjal’.
(Funded by Rock feller foundation, Virginia Tech,USA).
Employer : Registrar, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore.
Duration : Sep 2003 to Jan 2007
Role : Senior Research Fellow
Publications : 9 and one patent.
- Involved in Isolation, Characterization,Culturing and Maintenance of Bacillus thurigiensis(B. t).
- Quality and Quantity checking of t crystal protein.
- Culturing and maintenance of insects like Helicoverpaarmigeraandlitura.
- Determination of t toxicity by HelicoverpaarmigeraandSpotoptera.lituraBioassays.
- Cloning, Sequencing and expression studies of Bacillus thuringiensis.
- Involved in Plant Transformation,expression and ELISA studies (DAC and DAS)
List of Publications
- S.Sundaramoorthy and D.R. Sudha, 2018 The Rugoose Spiraling White fly (RSW) (Aleurodicusrugioperculatus) (Martin).Readers Shelf,ISSN No.2321-7405,Volume 14,issue No.06, page.No.58.
- Sanjay Arya,D.R. Sudha&R.Rajavaishnavidevi.2016 Pest Alerts of Clavicepspurpurea for Quarantine Significance released from Ministry of Agriculture& farmers welfare Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers welfare Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine & Storage NH-IV, Faridabad, Haryana- 121001.
- R. Sudha, G. Usha Rani 2015. Detection of Cymbidium Mosaic Virus (CYMV) on Vanda Plants. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Volume 4 Issue 1, January 2015: 374-377
- R. Sudha, G. Usha Rani 2015.International Journal of Advanced Research in Biological Sciences.Incidence and Diagnosis of Cymbidium Mosaic Virus (CYMV) on Orchids.International Journal of Advanced Research in Biological Sciences. 2(3): (2015): 288–294
- Shiv SagarVerma, A.Dasgupta, R.Ayswarya and R.Sudha.2010Reference Manual for Diagnosis of Plant Pathogens of Quarantine Significance, released from Ministry of Agriculture& farmers welfare Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers welfare Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine & Storage NH-IV, Faridabad, Haryana- 121001.
- Shiv SagarVerma,S.Latha, S.Gnanasambandan, R.Ayswarya and R.Sudha.2010Pest Alerts for Quarantine Significance released from Ministry of Agriculture& farmers welfare Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers welfare Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine & Storage NH-IV, Faridabad, Haryana- 121001.
- Sanjayarya,AmreswaraRao,S.R.Kalpana,D.R.Sudhaand V.Prakasam 2014 A Guide for identification of pathogens of Apple. released from Ministry of Agriculture& farmers welfare Department of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers welfare Directorate of Plant Protection Quarantine & Storage NH-IV, Faridabad, Haryana- 121001.
- Sudha, D.R,Dev, P.Sangeetha and V.Udayasuriyan 2004. Improved method for quantification of insecticidal protein of Bacillus thuringiensis. In the international conference on recent advances in biosciences. PGP College of arts and science Namakkal, Tamil Nadu,India. pp-55.
- P, D.R Sudha,M.Umamaheshwari and V.Udayasuriyan. 2004. Stability of freeze dried Cry2Aa protein of Bacillus thuringiensisin the international conference on recent advances in biosciences PGP College of arts and science Namakkal, Tamil Nadu, India. pp-53.
- Sudha, D.R,Subramaniam, P.Sangeetha, S.Mohankumar and V.Udayasuriyan. 2004. Toxicity of Cry2Aa protein encoded by an indigenous Bacillus thuringiensis gene against brinjal shoot and fruit borer, LeucinodesorbonalisGuenee. National Symposium on Frontiers in Biotechnology, Bharathiar University and Association of Biotechnologists Coimbatore, Coimbatore. pp-89.
- P, SonaS.Dev, D.R.Sudha, P.Indra Arul Selvi, R.Ayyasamy, V.Udayasuriyan, M.Bharathi, D.Sudhakar, R. Gnanam and P.Balasubramanian.2004. Agrobacterium mediated transformation of tobacco with cry2A gene of indigenous Bacillus thuringiensis Abstracts of the National Symposium on Frontiers in Biotechnology, Bharathiar University and Association of Biotechnologists Coimbatore (October 27-28), Coimbatore. pp-35.
- IndraArulselvi .P, R.Sudha,P.Sangeetha, and V. Udayasuriyan.2005 Development of a qualitative Elisa for screening transgenic tobacco plants expressing indigenous cry2A gene. Extended summaries for national seminar on Resource Management options to reverse the declining trend in crop productivity,Coimbatore. pp-229.
- IndraArulselvi, P., AnindaMitra, P. Sangeetha, R. Sudha, V. Udayasuriyan. M.Bharathi, D. Sudhakar, R. Gnanam and P.Balasubramanian.2005. Construction and validation of an indigenous cry2a gene construct for transformation of plants. National symposium on transgenic crops in pest management (Sep12-13) Coimbatore. pp-22.
- IndraArulselvi, P., R. Sudha,P.Sangeetha, M. Bharathi and V. Udayasuriyan.2005 Analysis of sensitivity of Cry2Ac polyclonal antibody against Cry2Ab and Cry2Ac proteins by ELISA. National symposium on transgenic crops in pest management (Sep12-13) Coimbatore. pp-28
- Sangeetha, P, R. Sudha, Y. Raghavendra and V. Udayasuriyan 2005.Testing expression of cry2Ab gene by cry3aa promoter in recombinant Bt strain. National symposium on transgenic crops in pest management, Coimbatore. pp-27.
- D.R,S.Subramaniam, P.Sangeetha, S.Mohankumar and V. Udayasuriyan.2004. Toxicity of Cry2Aa protein encoded by an indigenous Bacillus thuringiensis gene against brinjal shoot and fruit borer LeucinodesorbonalisGuenee.
- Sudha,D.R and T.Natarajan 2004. Effect of lignite humic acid on microbial population in groundnut rhizosphere.In the journal of Soil Biology and Ecology.Vol:25 (2005).
- Sudha, D.R and T.Natarajan. 2004. Effect of lignite humic acid on microbial population in groundnut rhizosphere.In the national conference on recent trends in microbial biotechnology, SASTRA Deemed University Thanjavur. Tamil Nadu, India pp-62.
- A chimeric Cry2A protein of Bacillus thuringiensis with higher insecticidal activity and a method for its Development, Patent submitted on 28th July, 2006.
- Locus bankit746268 1442 bp DNA linear 27-AUG-2005
- Definition Brevundimonas sp. C6B3 16S rRNA gene partial sequence.
- Source Brevundimonas sp.
- Organism Brevundimonas sp.
- Reference 1 (bases 1 to 1442)
- Authors Arunkumar,K.R., Udayasuriyan,V., Raghavendra,Y. and Sudha,D.R.
- Title Brevundimonas sp. C6B3 16S rRNA gene partial sequence.