|Date of Birth||04.04.1959|
M.Sc (Agrl.Microbiology), Ph.D.,
R.S.ManoharanDirector of Agriculture at Cuddalore
|Degree||University/Institute||Year of completion|
Work Experience :
- Joined as AGRICULTURE OFFICER, in the Department of Agriculture,
Government of Tamilnadu on 11.03.1982 and worked up to 07.01.2007
in various level and discipline.
- Worked as Assistant Director of Horticulture at Thanjavur district of Tamilnadu,
on getting promotion from 08.01.2007
- Worked as Deputy Director of Seed Inspection under the Department of Seed
Certification and Organic Certification, for Thanjavur and Pudhukottai dual district
jurisdiction, Government of Tamilnadu from 01.06.2012.
- Workéd as Joint Director of Agriculture at Cuddalore as Whole District and was holding the charge of Head of the Agriculture Department at district level from October-2016 up to 30.04.2017.
Working Knowledge :
- During the tenure of Agriculture officer, worked in the various level and in various
discipline. As Extension functionary, serviced for farming community to
disseminate the Agriculture technology from Lab to land.
- During the total work period of 9 years as Agriculture officer (Plant Protection)
and Quality control, taken up various works on Pesticides and Fertilizer Quality
Control like sampling of the chemicals and legal execution of the Acts, Rules and
- In the tenure of Assistant Director of Horticulture, taken up various activities to
give service to the Horticulture farmers like implementation of various shared
schemes of Govemment of India like TANHODA, Micro irrigation, Bamboo
mission etc., to increase the farmers income. Also taken up vegetables seed
multiplication and distribution, fruit trees saplings multiplication and distribution to
the farmers in subsidized rates as per the guidelines of Governmnet
- As Deputy Director of Seed Inspection, worked as public servant to serve the
farming community in regulating the quality seed distribution to the farmers and
Execution of Seeds Act, Seed Rules and Seed Control Order. Acted as Seed
License issuing authority, there by protected the welfare of seed dealers and
farmers from the exploitation of fake and substandard seeds distribution.Seeds
standards were strcitly insisted, violation of which was prosecuted in the court of
- During the tenure of Joint Director of Agriculture at Cuddalore district, involved
execution, monitoring and administration of Government schemes and
employees of Agriculture department in the district level. Liaised with District
collector, participated all the district activities, Social awareness programme,
Drought management programme in agriculture and other welfare and
development departments to protect the farmers and public from the shock of
- Having working knowledge in computer Ms-office.